Granite Belt Support Services is a local non-profit, non-government organisation that has been in the Stanthorpe/Warwick/Tenterfield region for nearly 30 years, providing support and multidisciplinary allied health services to children, adults and their families. It is a registered Service Provider under the NDIS.
We are looking for an Accredited Practicing Dietitian who is passionate about delivering services to individuals with a varied caseload including children, adults and people living with a disability. Delivery of services is in person, in the home and online.
This position is a four-month maternity leave contract with flexible work arrangements. New graduates are welcome to apply. Regular supervision will be provided by an experienced Dietitian.
- Ongoing clinical mentoring and supervision from Senior Therapists
- Working within a collaborative, multidisciplinary team
- Positive and inclusive work environment
- Flexible work options
- Interesting and varied caseload
- Friendly team and manager
- Support provided with finding accommodation
- Delivery of Dietitian services to those who require support with a broad client range, with varying needs
- Promoting the importance of early intervention and its role in preventing long-term issues
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients, families, team members and key stakeholders
- Caseload management, prioritising needs and client record-keeping and reporting
- Working effectively both independently and collaboratively
Essential qualifications and experience for this role
- Tertiary qualifications in Dietetics (Bachelor degree or Masters)
- Current member of Dietitians Australia
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Current C Class Queensland Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid & CPR
- NDIS Worker Screening
- Criminal History Screening (Yellow Card)
- Current Professional Indemnity Insurance
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the assessment, intervention and evaluation of nutritional interventions for people with a variety of disabilities
- Sound medical nutrition knowledge and implementation
- Demonstrated understanding of people experiencing mental health conditions
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills necessary for good working relationships and client care
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and ability to share knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to appropriately manage time and workload
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are to submit a brief resume with two referees; and a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role addressing the key selection criteria.
Please email your application to Chris Macnamara at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries can be made by email to email@example.com or by phone on 07 4681 3020.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
End of November, 2021