The NDIS Commission has put together the following information regarding the impact of COVID-19 on Participants and stakeholders.
Frequently asked questions for all stakeholders and information for NDIS participants
We have developed a new webpage containing frequently asked questions about how the COVID-19 pandemic affects the supports and services you provide, and a fact sheet for NDIS participants explaining what they can expect from you and your workers.
- Our new webpage contains FAQs about COVID-19. It contains general FAQs, as well as those specifically for providers; and for participants, their families, friends and support workers.
- We will regularly review and add to these FAQs.
- Our new fact sheet for NDIS participants explains why people with disability might see changes to the way their supports and services are delivered, and what some of these changes may be.
COVID-19 frequently asked questions
We have created a webpage addressing a number of frequently asked questions about COVID-19. These FAQs are intended to support you, as well as NDIS participants, their families, friends and support workers with the answers to your questions about how COVID-19 affects the supports and services you provide to people with disability.
We will continue to review, update, and add to these FAQs regularly.
NDIS participant fact sheet: what to expect from providers and support workers
As we all continue to focus on protecting and preventing NDIS participants from experiencing harm, it is important that people with disability are kept informed about any changes that affect them. We have released a fact sheet for NDIS participants to explain some of the changes they might see in the way their supports and services are delivered during COVID-19.
The fact sheet explains why providers are changing how NDIS supports and services are delivered at this time, and includes some examples of the types of changes they may experience. It also contains details of the new Disability information Helpline.
This participant fact sheet will soon be available in Easy Read and Auslan versions, and in a number of community languages. The earlier fact sheet for participants, which we issued in March, is also available on our website.
Further information, alerts and resources
- The Coronavirus (COVID-19) information webpage on the NDIS Commission website contains links to updates, training, alerts and other resources. We also have a COVID-19 webpage containing information for people with disability.
- Call: 1800 035 544 (free call from landlines). Our contact centre is open 9.00am to 4.30pm in the NT, 9.00am to 5.00pm in the ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, TAS and VIC Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ndiscommission.gov.au